This release brings new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to the Dataverse Software. Thank you to all of the community members who contributed code, suggestions, bug reports, and other assistance across the project.
Bug Fix for Request Access
Dataverse Software 5.10 contains a bug where the "Request Access" button doesn't work from the file listing on the dataset page if the dataset contains custom terms. This has been fixed in PR #8555.
Bug Fix for Searching and Selecting Controlled Vocabulary Values
Dataverse Software 5.10 contains a bug where the search option is no longer present when selecting from more than ten controlled vocabulary values. This has been fixed in PR #8521.
Major Use Cases and Infrastructure Enhancements
Changes and fixes in this release include:
- Users can use the "Request Access" button when the dataset has custom terms. (Issue #8553, PR #8555)
- Users can search when selecting from more than ten controlled vocabulary values. (Issue #8519, PR #8521)
The default file categories ("Documentation", "Data", and "Code") can be redefined through the
:FileCategoriesdatabase setting. (Issue #8461, PR #8478)
- Documentation on troubleshooting Excel ingest errors was improved. (PR #8541)
- Internationalized controlled vocabulary values can now be searched. (Issue #8286, PR #8435)
- Curation labels can be internationalized. (Issue #8381, PR #8466)
- "NONE" is no longer accepted as a license using the SWORD API (since 5.10). See "Backward Incompatibilities" below for details. (Issue #8551, PR #8558).