The Strategic Goals of the Dataverse Project are our highest-level guide. These goals are to:
- increase adoption (users, dataverses, datasets, installations, journals)
- develop capability to handle sensitive, large scale, and streaming data
- expand data and metadata features for existing and new disciplines
- expand archival and preservation features
- increase interoperability through implementation of standards
- increase contributions from the open-source development community
- improve UX and UI
- continue to increase the quality of the software
Throughout the year, we'll identify big steps that we can take to focus on one or more of these goals. These big steps are represented on our Roadmap. The Roadmap items that we're about to work on will be well defined, but those Roadmap items that are further out may just be big problems we know we need to solve in some way. Although we are committed to Roadmap items below, the timeframe of the items further out might vary slightly as critical issues, other priorities or dependencies rise.
Once we know what features and enhancements we'll add in order to honor the steps on the roadmap, we'll plan a Release. If the release text is hyperlinked, you can click on it to be taken to our task board to see the status of the release's tasks.